|The center is capable of performing all aspects of eye examination, diagnosis treatment & surgery (cataract surgery available only in September 2011). It is fully equipped with state of the art equipments of Phacoemulsification system, Electroretinography, Keratometer, Ultrasonography scan, Digital Slit Lamp, Ophthalmoscope, Gonioscopy, Tonovet, Operating Microscope & Ophthalmic surgical set.
The surgeries performed include:
- Intracapsular lens extraction for lens luxation or cataract
- Phacoemulsification for cataract removal and Intra-ocular lens placement. Lens power can be calculated for each patient
- Extracapsular cataract extraction
- Glaucoma surgery (trebeculectomy)
- Correction of imperforate lacrimal puncta, cannulation of nasolacrimal duct, and investigation of nasolacrimal duct obstruction
- Surgical removal or correction of trichiasis, distichiasis and ectopic cilium
- Hordeolum (sty) removal
- Eyelid tumour removal
- Entropion surgery by wedge resection and other techniques like tenotomy for arrowhead procedure and medial canthoplasty.
- Ectropion correction by resection or blepharoplasty
- Prolapsed third eyelid gland correction by replacement
- Scrolled third eyelid correction
- Dermoid cyst removal
- Corneal ulcer repair, including conjunctival grafts for deep ulcers and descemetoceles, grid keratotomy for indolent ulcers, and tarsorrhaphy and flaps are used to aid healing.